Dear Friends and Community Partners,
2019 is going to be an important year for the Jacob and Terese Hershey Foundation as the board and staff are embarking on a strategic planning process for our growth into a larger organization. While we remain committed to the founder’s mission and areas of interest, we seek to increase our effectiveness and impact. We will be reviewing our grant making process, and for 2019, will be accepting grant proposals by invitation only. We will post updates as we go through our change process.
Thank you very much!
If you have submitted an application via our online grants system in the past and would like access
Areas of Interest
- Preservation and conservation of land, forests, streams, wetlands and habitat existing in a natural state and the defense of such resources.
- Establishment, conservation and preservation of parks and open space for public use.
- Care facilities for domestic and wild animals and birds.
- Educational efforts to promote environmental literacy and comprehension of the complexities of the web of life, particularly in primary and secondary schools, museums and through citizen non-profit organizations with like purpose.
- Efforts toward human population control.