Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: 30 hours per week
Position Summary: The Jacob and Terese Hershey Foundation seeks an Executive Assistant to provide support to the CEO and other members of the Foundation’s team, as well as oversee administrative matters across the organization.
Key Responsibilities: The Executive Assistant will:
- Support the CEO and other team members in scheduling meetings, handling event and meeting registrations, making travel arrangements and proofing correspondence and documents.
- Receive, welcome and direct visitors appropriately. Greet callers to the main phone line and route them to the appropriate staff member. Monitor the Foundation’s general email address.
- Coordinate logistics for Board meetings as well as other convenings and events. Take and draft Board meeting minutes.
- Handle the Foundation’s mail, including logging certain items that require special processing.
- Serve as liaison with the building management and ensure that the physical office is functioning smoothly. Oversee purchasing of office supplies and materials.
- Support converting the Foundation’s files to electronic form and optimizing the Foundation’s electronic filing system.
- Support grants management, finance and communications functions as needed, which may involve working in various database environments.
- Coordinate activities and events that contribute to a positive team culture.
- Complete projects and special assignments for the CEO and other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications: We seek a team member with experience in a relevant professional capacity who is enthusiastic about the Foundation’s mission. The candidate must be comfortable taking initiative, interacting with a range of constituents and maintaining strong organizational skills.
Specifically, the successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree with relevant experience; or a minimum of five years of experience supporting a team in an office environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat and other office collaboration software.
- Familiarity with the nonprofit, philanthropic or foundation sector a plus.
Key Attributes and Competencies: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to meet deadlines, take initiative and anticipate needs.
- A forward-looking mindset and an ability to proactively seek opportunities, identify issues and propose solutions.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness, seeking and acting on feedback.
- Excellent judgement, integrity and commitment to learning and accountability.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in an environment of growth and change.
- Orientation as a team player and an ability to envision success.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Compensation: Salary will be in the range of $40,000-45,000 and set in accordance with the successful candidate’s experience. In addition to salary, the candidate will be eligible for the Foundation’s employee benefits program, including but not limited to health insurance, paid time off and a matching 401(k) retirement plan.
About the Foundation: Based in Houston, Texas, the Jacob and Terese Hershey Foundation is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to the defense and conservation of the natural world, parks and open space, animal welfare and reproductive rights. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will contact those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Thank you for your interest.